Sections 5 & 6 (& 7) – Pressure Regulators, Changeover Devices and LPG Appliances
…Code of Practice 24 – Part 3 ( UKLPG CoP 24 Part 3)
Section 5 – Pressure Regulators and Automatic Changeover Devices
Section 6 – LPG appliances
- have all burners protected by Flame Supervision Devices (FSD) which are also known as Flame Failure Devices (FFD).
- be installed in accordance with
- The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
- the manufacturer’s instructions
- any other relevant British Standard(s)
Appliances shall be used and maintained
- in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
Flexible hoses shall be examined regularly for damage or wear and replaced as necessary
In this section there is also guidance for grillers and toasters, bain-maries and barbeques.
Section 7 – LPG Generators
Please read the CoP for the full details of the guidance for the setup and use of an LPG Generator
Please note: Throughout this series of articles we have used the word ‘shall’ in all circumstances rather than swapping between should and shall. The difference is important and the CoP specifies which are mandatory and which are not – your LPG certified Gas Engineer can help you to understand where there is any scope. By using ‘shall’ in all circumstances here we are reducing the impact of any misinterpretation caused by our paraphrasing of the code of practice.